Inmate Record Check

Arrests, Warrants, Mugshot & More


Perform a free LaFayette Georgia arrest records search, including mugshots, jail inmates, recent arrests, and police blotter.

LaFayette, Georgia Information

As the county seat for Walker County in Georgia, the city of LaFayette had a population of 7,121 in 2010. With a total area of 8.1square miles, all of which is land, the city was founded in 1835, originally named Chattooga. The county was named after the former United States senator Freeman Walker. Chattooga was renamed LaFayette in 1836 after Gilbert du Motier, Marquis de Lafayette, the French aristocrat who fought in the American Revolutionary War. The city uses one zip code 30728 and two area codes, 706 and 762.

LaFayette is ranked #271 in Georgia and #17,510 in the United States with a livability score of 64, which is in the 40th percentile. The city scored best for great weather, and cost of living. The average summer temperature is a comfortable 77 degrees, and the cost of living is 12 percent lower than the state of Georgia.

The overall crime rate in LaFayette is 49% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 11.59 daily crimes that occur in LaFayette. LaFayette is safer than 27% of the cities in the United States. In LaFayette you have a 1 in 24 chance of becoming a victim of any crime. The number of total year over year crimes in LaFayette has decreased by 24%.

Of the factors which are used to determine the livability index, LaFayette does well in the areas of weather, and cost of living. It scores poorly in Employment, Housing, Education, Amenities, Cost of Living, and Education.

Mayor Andy Arnold
PO Box 89
207 S Duke St
LaFayette, GA 30728
(706) 639-1500

LaFayette City Mayor

Andy Arnold is a LaFayette High School graduate and life-long Walker County resident. A city resident for more than 20 years, he has served on the City Council since 2002 and was elected Mayor in 2014. He has been teaching and coaching at LaFayette High for more than 20 years. He earned a bachelor’s and master’s degree at Jacksonville State University. He, wife Teresa and their sons, Cameron, Caleb and Carson, are actively involved at First Baptist Church of LaFayette, where he is a deacon and teaches Sunday school.

LaFayette, Georgia Crime rates and statistics:

In 2016, the crime index in Jackson, Georgia was 261.7 which was lower the United States average of 280.5.

Read more:

LaFayette City Crime Data

The total crime rate in LaFayette was 304 total crimes for every 100,000 residents, which is lower than the average in the state of Georgia with 3,402 total crimes per 100,000 persons, and lower than the national average of 2,837 total crimes for every 100,000 citizens.

According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 4 registered sex offenders living in La Fayette, Georgia as of June 28, 2018. The ratio of number of residents in La Fayette to the number of sex offenders is 1,820 to 1. The number of registered sex offenders compared to the number of residents in this city is a lot smaller than the state average.

LaFayette Georgia Police Department

Chief: Bengie Clift
208 North Main Street
LaFayette, GA 30728
(706) 639-1540

Other Information about the LaFayette Police Department:

LaFayette Police

The Police Department is divided into Administrative, Investigative, and Patrol divisions. There are 24 certified police officers.

In 2016, there were 24 full-time law enforcement employees, 22 of whom were police officers. This means that in the year 2016 in there were 3.06 police officers for every 1,000 residents in Jackson, Georgia, while the state average in Georgia that same year was 2.50 officers for every 1,000 residents.

Inmate Record Check

Arrests, Warrants, Mugshot & More

Open Records Request in LaFayette Georgia:

For record requests in Lafayette, Georgia, you can check this site to see what records are available and to see where your records request is if you have requested one:

LaFayette City Administration

Brenda Snyder, City Clerk
(706) 639-1507
PO Box 89
207 S Duke St
LaFayette, GA 30728
(706) 639-1500

For records from different government agencies in Walker County, Georgia:

Walker County Court Clerk

Carter Brown
Clerk of Court
103 S Duke Street
PO Box 1125
LaFayette, GA 30728

County Sheriff, Most Wanted, Warrant Information

Sheriff Steve Wilson
Walker County Sheriff Office
105 South Duke Street
Lafayette Georgia 30728

The Walker County Detention

105 S Duke St
LaFayette, GA 30728
Phone: 706-638-1909
Fax: 706-638-6398

Mail Policy at the Walker County Jail:

Walker County Detention Inmate Mail

Information on inmate accounts at the Walker County Jail:

Walker County Inmate Commissary Deposit

For information on visitation with an inmate at the Walker County Jail:

Walker County Jail Inmate Visitation

Walker County Most Wanted

If you think you have a warrant in Walker County, you can check this list:

Walker County Arrest Warrants

Walker County Jail Inmates

Inmate Record Check

Arrests, Warrants, Mugshot & More

Nearby Locations