Inmate Record Check

Arrests, Warrants, Mugshot & More


Perform a free Jonesboro Georgia arrest records search, including mugshots, jail inmates, recent arrests, and police blotter.

Jonesboro, Georgia Information

As the county seat for Clayton County, Georgia, the city of Jonesboro had a population of 4,724 as of the 2010 census. The city’s name was originally spelled Jonesborough. During the Civil War, the final skirmish in the Atlanta Campaign was fought here south of Atlanta, cutting off the city and forcing the mayor of Atlanta to surrender at Marietta in early September 1864. The final fall of Atlanta in the Battle of Jonesborough ended up being a decisive point in the nation’s history, propelling Abraham Lincoln to re-election two months later, and continuing the war until the Confederacy finally surrendered the following year. The city has a total area of 2.6 square miles nearly all of which is land, and Jonesboro uses two zip codes, 30236 and 30238 and three area code: 770, 678, 470.

Jonesboro is ranked #346 in Georgia and #20,767 in the United States with a livability score of 62, which is in the 29th percentile. The city scored best for great weather, crime, amenities, education and employment. The average summer temperature is a comfortable 77 degrees, the cost of living is seven 75 percent lower than the state’s, and there are many amenities in the area.

The overall crime rate in Jonesboro is 76% higher than the national average. For every 100,000 people, there are 13.66 daily crimes that occur in Jonesboro. Jonesboro is safer than 18% of the cities in the United States. In Jonesboro you have a 1 in 21 chance of becoming a victim of any crime. The number of total year over year crimes in Jonesboro has decreased by 6%.

Of the factors which are used to determine the livability index, Jonesboro does well in the areas of weather, cost of living and, amenities. It scores poorly in Housing, Crime, Employment and Education.

Mayor Joy Brantley Day
124 North Avenue
Jonesboro, Georgia 30236
Office – (770 )478-3800
Fax – (770) 478-3775
Email –

Jonesboro City Mayor

Joy Brantley Day was born in Thomaston, Georgia and earned a bachelor’s degree with highest honors at Tift College and graduate degrees with highest honors at Georgia State University. After an appointment with the Department of Defense in West Germany for almost three years, Mayor Day came to Jonesboro in 1971 as a third-grade teacher at Lee Street Elementary. She rose through the ranks in Clayton County Schools serving as a system Leader Teacher, Assistant Principal, and then Principal. She retired from Clayton County Schools after 35 years of service. She was first elected Mayor of Jonesboro in 1995 and took office in 1996. Mayor Day is active in the Georgia Municipal Association and participated in a GMA Roundtable concerning the need for increasing interaction between municipalities and boards of education in Georgia. She has served as District Vice President and President for the Georgia Municipal Association. Mayor Day has been recognized by the Georgia Municipal Association with the Certificate of Achievement, the Certificate of Excellence, and the Certificate of Distinction. She served four terms as President of the Clayton County Municipal Association. Mayor Day has received many community accolades including Clayton County Chamber of Commerce Business Woman of the Year, Battalion Chief, State Fire Marshal Corps, Divine Faith Ministries Commitment to Excellence Award, and Woodman of the World Community Service Award. She was named a Living Legend by We Are Clayton Magazine in 2016. Under Mayor Day’s leadership, the City of Jonesboro was awarded the 2016 Development of Excellence, LCI Achievement Award from the Atlanta Regional Commission.

Jonesboro, Georgia Crime rates and statistics:

In 2016, the crime index in Jackson, Georgia was 330.0 which was higher the United States average of 280.5.

Jonesboro City Crime Data

The total crime rate in Jonesboro was 237 total crimes for every 100,000 residents, which is lower than the average in the state of Georgia with 3,402 total crimes per 100,000 persons, and lower than the national average of 2,837 total crimes for every 100,000 citizens.

According to our research of Georgia and other state lists there were 204 registered sex offenders living in Jonesboro, Georgia as of June 25, 2018. The ratio of number of residents in Jonesboro to the number of sex offenders is 23 to 1.

Jonesboro, Georgia Police Department

Chief of Police Tommy L. Henderson, III
170 South Main Street
Jonesboro, Georgia 30236
Office: (770)478-7407
Email –
Emergency – Dial 911
Non-Emergencies – (770)478-7407

Other Information about the Jonesboro Police Department:

Jonesboro Police Dept

Chief Henderson was selected for the Chief of Police position in 2020. Richard Godfrey is the Assistant Chief.

In 2013, there were 39 full-time law enforcement employees, 31 of whom were police officers. This means that in the year 2016 in there were 6.52 police officers for every 1,000 residents in Jackson, Georgia, while the state average in Georgia that same year was 2.50 officers for every 1,000 residents.

Inmate Record Check

Arrests, Warrants, Mugshot & More

Open Records Request in Jonesboro, Georgia:

For record requests in Jonesboro, Georgia, you can check this site to see what records are available and to see where your records request is if you have requested one:

Jonesboro Police Dept

Ricky L. Clark, Jr., CMC
City Manager
Jonesboro City Hall
124 North Ave
Jonesboro GA 30236
Ph: (770)-478-3800
Fax: (770)-478-3775

For records from different government agencies in Clayton County, Georgia:

Clayton County Court Clerk

Clerk of Court:
Jacquline D. Wills
Harold R. Banke Justice Center
9151 Tara Boulevard
Room 1CL25
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 477-3395

County Sheriff, Most Wanted, Warrant Information

Sheriff: Victor Hill
Harold R. Banke Justice Center
9157 Tara Boulevard
Jonesboro, GA 30236
Phone: (770) 471-1122
Fax: (770) 477-4596

Clayton County Sheriff

Facebook Page for the Clayton County Sheriff’s Office:

Clayton County Sheriff Facebook

Clayton County Jail
Jail Administrator
Keith Greenwood

9157 Tara Blvd. Jonesboro, GA 30236
770-479-5300 – Main Number
770-477-4480 – Warrants
770-473-5828 – Civil/Evictions

Clayton County Jail Mail Policy

Information on inmate accounts at the Clayton County Jail:

Clayton County Inmate Accounts

For information on visitation with an inmate at the Clayton County Jail:

Clayton County Jail Visitation

Most Wanted in Clayton County:

Clayton County Most Wanted

If you think you have a warrant in Clayton County, you can check this list:

Clayton County Warrants

Clayton County Inmate Search

Inmate Record Check

Arrests, Warrants, Mugshot & More

Nearby Locations